FTA Approved Supplements
It’s important to know that we sell supplements to help accelerate your results!
However, since a great deal of our time is spent answering questions about supplements, we decided to create this page as a resource to help you learn about the supplements and brands that we recommend.
For more information about how to use these supplements, speak to a coach after your session.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Bottom line, following the program to the letter along with the supplements will get you the best results. In conjunction with healthy eating habits and a workout regimen, these supplements are used to aid in the recovery and stability of the body. These supplements are not intended to replace all meals, though some are designed that way.
Why Does Full Throttle Athletics recommend these products?
- Full Throttle does not recommend the use of products that WE do not personally use. IF the product does not seem beneficial to us, then we would not recommend that you use it either.
- Secondly, these supplements are engineered to the highest quality so you get exactly what you are buying.
1. The margins in the supplement industry are absolutely absurd – As a result, there are a lot of unethical people who flock to this industry in hopes of making some serious cash, playing on people's ignorance and insecurities. This is why you see bold advertising claims, doctored-up before/after photos, and – shamefully – products that don't actually make their ingredients list. Some companies may use cheap fillers to keep their costs down, or include banned substances unbeknownst to the consumer in order to improve efficacy. As a result of all this, you can't just recommend a supplement anymore; you also have to take the reputation of the brand into account.
2. It's a dynamic industry – With big money and potentially world-changing discoveries to be made, the game is constantly changing. New research is published daily, and new products enter the market just as frequently to complement the daily influx of brands. Plus, new uses for old supplements are always being introduced. As an example, we once thought creatine was just a supplement for athletic performance, and now it's being looked at as a valuable supplement in treating many chronic disease states. Unless you're reading journal articles full-time and asking around in the industry, it's hard to stay on top of all the new information.
3. Dosing matters – Using the creatine example again, we were once all taught that we needed to load creatine for the initial period – and most of us who did it spent the first 7-10 days on the supplement with gurgly stomachs and diarrhea. Now, we know that's not really necessary. And, contrary to what we were told back in the 1990s, you don't need to crush a load of simple sugars to get the muscles to "suck it up." How much you take, when you take it, and what it's taken with all impact a supplement's efficacy.
FTA APPROVED SUPPLEMENTS:
Myovite Multivitamins: Myovite was formulated for athletes and health enthusiasts to help eliminate nutritional gaps in their diet and supplement regimen. More than just a MultiMineral formula, Myovite comes complete with Performance Optimizers, Joint Support, Liver Support, Cardiovascular Support, Organic Green Food Nutrients, Digestive Enzymes, Probiotics, and more.
FTA APPROVED FISH OIL
Fish oil is rich in DHA and EPA, two powerful fats responsible for things like: increased metabolic rate, improved fat burning, and reducing our risk for a host of diseases (cardiovascular disease, cancer, and diabetes). We typically recommend using about 6-12g of total fish oil per day or 3-6g of combined DHA+EPA.
Is a wonderful pre/peri/post workout carbohydrate that is derived from cyclic dextrin one of the fastest absorbing carbs. This product not only tastes amazing, but it will give you the long, much needed energy for any training session. This product is also wonderful when combined with SFH Pure whey protein to make the ultimate post workout recovery drink packed full of amino acids, and carbohydrates needed to restore glycogen stores.
SFH Pure Whey:
Whey protein is a pure, natural, high quality protein from cow's milk. This whey protein is derived from grass fed, free range cows, which are never treated with antibiotics or bovine growth hormones. It is a rich source of the essential amino acids needed on a daily basis by the body. All whey proteins differ in lactose content, fats and calcium. Pure Whey has low lactose content; is low in cholesterol; and high in free calcium.
C4 by Cellucor:
Preworkout energy, increases endurance. Great for early AM training of busting through that 2 O’clock slump. Contains caffeine, B vitamins, creatine and beta-alanine for a great all in one booster!
Xtend Intra Workout by Scivation:
XTEND is the ultimate sugar-free, BCAA-containing drink mix to be consumed intra-workout (during exercise.) Whether you’re a physique athlete, strongman, powerlifter, traditional athlete (e.g., football, basketball, baseball, soccer, etc), endurance competitor, or just looking to significantly change your body composition through resistance training and nutrition, XTEND is ideally formulated to maximize training intensity and support your goals.
Shroom TECH Sport: Advanced ATP Energy
Shroom TECH Sport battles fatigue with a strategy unlike any other supplement on the market, providing cellular energy through the production of ATP rather than stimulant-based energy, and helping the body to improve oxygen utilization so you can go longer, recover faster, and set a new personal best.
The idea behind Alpha BRAIN was to create a fully-balanced nootropic. There is Alpha GPC and Huperzia Serrata contain nutrients that help your body turn up acetylcholine levels full throttle, while other ingredients assist in elevating neurological components vital to remaining calm, focused, and mentally driven. There is also Vinpocetine that can help the body deliver oxygen and nutrients to the brain, and the combination of neuro-specific antioxidants, led by AC-11®, assists your system in clearing away mental fog and free radicals.
AdvoCare Spark® Energy Drink Mix:
Enhances mental energy and focus while providing support for long-lasting energy. Helps fight occasional drowsiness with 21 vitamins, minerals and nutrients. AdvoCare Spark® Energy Drink Mix is sugar-free and only 45 calories and comes in Watermelon, Mango Strawberry, Pink Lemonade, Mandarin Orange, Fruit Punch, Grape, Cherry, and Citrus.
1. Your favorite supplements or brands might not be on the list. It’s inevitable that among the thousands of supplements and hundreds of companies that make each one, our lists may not overlap. Don’t send us hate mail.
This is our preferred list of supplements and manufacturers, a list of supplements that we’ve personally had success with. We’ve chosen these because we like the ingredient lists, we like the quality control, and we like the prices. There could be other products out there that meet our standards that we simply haven’t used. But we’re very happy with the results that these produce so we’re not going to burn up all our time looking through every product on the market.
KEEP IN MIND:
2. Please don’t send us thousands more emails asking about your favorite brand. We’ve made our selections. This list is our “final answer”. We’ve created this list to make it easier on you, not more confusing. So take our advice, you won’t be sorry.
3. This list represents the supplements we MAY use in certain circumstances. Each supplement or grouping is used for specific circumstances. None of our clients will ever be on all of them at once! So don’t think that we’re suggesting you should be taking all of these. Rather, this is a list of supplements that we draw from when considering what one of our clients might need.
4. If a supplement category isn’t on the list, we probably never use it. For example, you might be wondering where the sports drinks and Gatorade are. We never use them so they’re not on the list. Now, we’ve got one caveat. In rare circumstances we have a few special tricks up our sleeves, but about 95% of the time, the list above meets the needs of our clients.