Frisco Personal Trainer shares another Fat Balsting Recipe
Featured Recipe Coconut Shrimp
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup beer
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 24 shrimp
- 3 cups oil for frying
Recipe makes 6 servingsChange Servings Directions
- In medium bowl, combine egg, 1/2 cup flour, beer and baking powder. Place 1/4 cup flour and coconut in two separate bowls.
- Hold shrimp by tail, and dredge in flour, shaking off excess flour. Dip in egg/beer batter; allow excess to drip off. Roll shrimp in coconut, and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, heat oil to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) in a deep-fryer.
- Fry shrimp in batches: cook, turning once, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Using tongs, remove shrimp to paper towels to drain. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Calories - 317kcal - 16%
- Carbohydrates - 26.3g - 8%
- Cholesterol - 72mg - 24%
- Fat1 - 9.3g - 30%
- Fiber - 2.9g - 11%
- Protein - 8.4g - 17%
- Sodium - 241mg - 10%
Find more great recipes like this one in Dr John Berardi's Gourmet Nutrition.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.