Kyle's Favorite Chili!
Coach Kyle’s Favorite Chili (PW)
- 1 Large sweet onion, chopped
- 4 Large celery sticks, cleaned & chopped
- 4 Large carrot sticks, cleaned & chopped (Don’t peel)
- 3 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Anaheim pepper, chopped
- 1 Container of baby KALE
- 2 cans of garbanzo beans (sodium needs to be equal to or less than calories, or as close as you can find) *only 40% of the sodium is washed away when you rinse the beans.
- 1 can of black beans (same as above, all beans need to be drained and rinsed)
- 1 can of mixed beans (same as above)
- 3 Roma Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tbsp of chili powder
- 1 Tbsp of cayenne powder
- 2 tsp of paprika
- 1tsp of pink Himalayan salt
- 2 Tbsp of coconut oil
- Cilantro (entire bundle, chopped)
- In a very large pot, sauté the onions, celery, carrots, garlic, mushrooms and pepper until the onions are see through and everything is broken down and smells a little like heaven.
- Once the veggies are done, add all of the rinsed beans, the tomatoes and cilantro if you chose to buy.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes, and then add all of the spices. Let simmer on low/medium heat for 30-40 minutes.
- Directly before serving add the entire container of KALE and mix into the magical, cold day chili.
- Double check spices, and add according, but……NO MORE SALT! Taste the food without a sodium mask. Serve in a bowl.
**According to the PN Habits that we all follow, this is going to be a post workout meal. Remember beans and rice as a complete protein are only for people who follow a plant based lifestyle..